Sat, May. 2nd, 2009, 03:29 pm
Not much important is happening in my life other than awesomeness as related to Lauren. Just checking in.
Full disclosure: I actually only logged on to leave a comment for James Urbaniak's LJ about how awesome the season 3 Venture Bros. premiere was.
From here on out my callsign will be "DJ Biopsy Yogi."
That is all for now.
Sun, Feb. 4th, 2007, 04:21 pm
Thanks to every Man Jack and Woman Jill of you that attended.
I had a great time seeing you and gaming with you, and each person who showed up was a special delight for the love of my life.
So a win-win.
Check this crazy shit
If you want to laugh, click it (NSFW, language) and I'm sure you'll find a clip you enjoy.
If you like "Strangers With Candy," the Comedy Central show with Amy Sedaris and Stephen Colbert, you ABSOLUTELY MUST click that link.
You'll dig it.
The song is "Bring 'Em Home," and Don performs it in a Clapton-esque fashion. Stripped down, voice and guitar, drums, message.
But I just want to let folks know what they're clicking to, that's all. ;)"Bring 'Em Home," by Don Ritchey
open your music player and set it to shuffle. write down the first line of lyrics from each of the first 25 songs that come up. let people guess, and then underline or strike out songs as they are correctly identified.
Heads of state who ride and wrangle Phil
Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone Tess
You were layin' on the carpet like you're satin in a coffin Teh_Nuj
There's gonna be some trouble, a whole house will need rebuilding Teh_Nuj
5. I'm dreamin' it's summer, it must be true
Well I'm a Human Fly, it's spelt F-L-Y Monkey
I had a dream, crispy, crispy (?) Benjamin Franklin Phil
One breath away from Mother Oceania Teh_Nuj
9. I want you to know, there's no coming back
10. Got a glimpse of madness, a virtual circus
11. Let me tell you 'bout a girl I know, had a drink about an hour ago
I'm back in baby's arms, how I miss those lovin' arms Teh_Nuj
Every boy and girl, woman to man Teh_Nuj
14. Scarlet boots, the kiss of death. Patience and the end of it.
You wired me awake and hit me with a hand of broken nails (cover) Monkey
One evening as the sun went down and the jungle fire was burning Monkey
If I were God there would be no explicit sex on TV Colson
18. From ghetto to ghetto, back yard to yard
19. It's a heartbreak even situation, nothing lost and nothing gained
20. My baby's got the strangest ways of saying "HOO HOO, HOOOOO-WEE!"
21. My weight is 300 pounds, my favorite is beef jerky
I can't surf! I can't surf! (...and neither can you!) Teh_Nuj
I'm coming up man-sized, skinned alive Teh_Nuj
I couldn't escape this feeling with my China Girl Tess
..and this I know, his teeth were white as snow, what a gas it was to see him. Teh_Nuj
There ya go! A lot of these are REALLY easy, as it seems to have lined up a lot of songs where the title is in the first line... Oh well, have fun! I'll strike 'em out and credit you when you give the right answer. "And don't use a turbo controller, or I'll know!" [/RevolverOcelot]
...it would keep you from getting targetted for MEMEINATION.
1. What is your name? Robert Lee Masheter (Jr.)
2. What color pants are you wearing? brown corduroys
3. What are you listening to right now? The hum of a calm refrigerator. (and computer)
4. What did you do today? I worked out with Lauren, helped her clean up her apartment, and then started dicking around on the computer (shown here).
5. What was the last thing you ate? Peanut Toffee Buzz Clif Bar
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I think that I would be "Indian." I yearn for the old non-PC Crayola colors. Or I would be the sharpener from the 128-crayon box.
7. Where do you plan to go on THE HONEYMOON? I would like to go to Barbados, but Vegas seems more realistic. I would prefer to go somewhere that is both warm and moist. Vegas is dry. I don't like that.
8. How is the weather right now? Dry. Cold.
9. Last person you talked to on the phone? Mike McGurer
10. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Depends on which direction they're walking or facing. Either the eyes or the butt.
11. Do you like the person that sent you this? Yes. I've grown quite fond of him over the years, but not like that I'M ALL MAN.
12. How are you feeling? Pretty good. Thanksgiving was very enjoyable, and working out always makes me feel better for the rest of the day.
13. Your favorite drink? Boylan's Cream Soda, I think.
14. Your favorite alcoholic drink? A good porter or a well-made very dirty vodka martini.
15. Favorite sport? Calvinball
16. What's the next CD you're going to get? Probably "Antics" by Interpol. I'm way overdue for them being my current favorite band.
17. Eye Color? Dark brown
18. Do you wear contacts? No.
19. Siblings and their ages? Amy/19, Alex/17, Dylan/16, Brandon/9
20. What is your Favorite food? I always refuse to answer this one on the grounds that I like too much food.
21. Favorite month? August
22. Last movie you watched? "Catwoman" at home, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" at the theater
23. Favorite day[s] of the year? Christmas Eve? I really don't have a good answer for this one.
24. Are you shy to ask someone out? It varies. Sometimes I am, sometimes I just happen to be possessed of the most serene self-confident calm and I just go for it.
25. Do you like scary or happy movies better? Scary. Happy movies tend to annoy me, and most comedies are really awful.
26. Summer or winter? Winter. It's always easier to warm up than it is to cool off. And central heating never gives me headaches, but A/C does.
27. Hugs or Kisses? Hugs. Although I like giving as many people as possible a nice peck on the cheek.
28. Relationship or one night stands? Relationship.
29. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, all the way!
30. Who (?whom?) do you want to put this questionnaire in their LJ? Nobodies. I'm tired of reading it.
31. Beatles or Elvis? Elvis, despite all of his glaring flaws. Did you know Link Wray died recently? I don't imagine people will be freaking out about how -he's- still alive, though. Bloody Philistines.
32. Ever used someone just for sex? I think so, although I also think I was pretty up-front about it.
33. What book are you reading now? "A Game of Thrones" (re-reading)
34. What is on your mouse pad? Joel and the 'bots. And the row of seats and the MST3k logo.
35. Favorite board game? Trivial Pursuit FAH REAL
36. Favorite Magazine? I utterly loathe magazines, but can be convinced to read through the ones that bother to keep my eyes happy with pictures of ladies with either no or few items of clothing on.
39. Favorite sound? A high-hat with a souped-up tempo. Kidding. Probably farts, actually.
40. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Uh, it's not really "thinking" until about 9:30.
41. How many rings before you answer the phone? This is an incredibly dull question.
42. What is your zodiac sign? Virgo
43. If You could have any job in the world, what would it be? Trust fund baby.
44. If you could dye your hair any color? Yes? What? Uh, "I probably would?" How hard is it to write interesting and well-worded questionnaire questions?
45. Is the glass half full or half empty? I really think it makes more difference to know what's in the glass rather than worry about how much is left.
46. Favorite Movie? Probably "Miller's Crossing." I can't really ever think of a time when I could watch it that I thought to myself "Maybe I don't want to watch it that much after all."
47. What is under your bed? Dust and carpet.
48. What is your favorite number? 4
49. Name one thing nice about the person who sent this to you. His hygiene is impeccable.
50. Favorite TV show(s)? If it's animated and on late at night, there you go.
51. Who's the one person you fell in love with and never told? I told all of them.
52. Who is the first person you fell in love with? Beth Boatright
53. What do you wish you were doing right now? Eating and drinking merrily with all of my home and away companions, specifically the STL ones. (Looking forward to next weekend)
54. What is one thing you have done in your life that you are supremely proud of? I don't think it's happened yet.
55. Favorite animal? KITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
55. Hate questionnaires? Yeah, pretty much.